Sunday 3 June 2012

Recipe Review-- Sweet Stuff

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars From Serious Eats

 

 
A delicious and versatile recipe made with rice flour and potato. Potato may be replaced with tapioca.  These pb bars are substantial and chewy. I feel like you could throw anything in here! For crunch I added almonds. Instead of chips I used a sugar free chocolate bar, and instead of sugar I used low-glycemic coconut sugar. The peanut butter added some stick even though I forgot my guar gum. Crumbly but good.

I love coconut sugar, but recently I learned from Tropical Traditions that coconut trees used to create palm sugar can't be used for other coconut products. Converting too many trees for the cause may affect the future availability and price of coconuts and coconut oil.

Slow Cooked Ribs with Homemade Gluten Free Barbeque Sauce From Wellness Momma


I've never made it before, but making your own barbeque sauce is a lot easier than I thought it was. I cut down on the sugar in this recipe by using mostly agave in place of honey with just a bit of molasses for color and flavor. I tossed a bunch of spices in including cinnamon, cumin and paprika. My table of four devoured two pounds of pork ribs with a few leftover.
 
Gluten Free Brownies from Trader Joes



This product is made with rice flour and cane sugar primarily. I LOVED them. The secret I believe is using coconut oil as your oil for the recipe--when hot you can pull it out while still gooey for sundaes. Let it cool, or put it in the fridge/freezer and it is chewy mousse style brownies. Black bean and avocado brownies are gravy but for an ice cream sundae with warm brownies...use this mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment